- Take Charge! helps you better predict future health insurance costs to reduce your company’s long-term liability.
- Promotes a healthier, more productive workforce.
- Tells your employees that you care about their health and well-being, fostering loyalty.
- Take Charge! helps employees know their risks so they can prevent health problems.
- Motivates employees to see their primary care provider and put a plan in place to make critical lifestyle changes.
- Almost half the people in the United States have high cholesterol.
- More than 65% of all Americans are considered to be overweight.
- Almost 1/3 of all adults have high blood pressure.
- 21% of Americans smoke.
Offer Take Charge!, the new worksite-based cardiovascular risk reduction program. You’ll help your employees improve their heart health—the key to keeping productivity up and keeping health insurance costs down. This program was designed by Maine experts in cardiac care and prevention using national guidelines.
Maine Heart Center health professionals and technicians conduct health screenings in the convenience of your workplace.
Laboratory testing is done with a quick finger stick. Screenings take less than 30 minutes, and participants receive results immediately.
A small upfront investment per employee can potentially lower health insurance costs over the long term.
Individual health information is not revealed and specific names are not identified ensuring complete confidentiality for your employees. You’ll receive a summary report, which provides a clear picture of the overall health of your workforce.
During one-on-one coaching sessions with a health counselor, employees receive a written report summarizing their individual results, which may include:
Cardiovascular Health Assessment
- Brief medical and family history
- Smoking status
- Physical activity
- Blood pressure
- Waist circumference
- Body mass index
- Total lipid profile*
- Blood glucose*
* Available through approval from the State of Maine
Following the screening, our health counselors review results individually with participants and provide recommendations for improvement. With the employee’s consent, the report is sent to his or her primary care provider. This report provides the foundation for the physician and employee to put together a specific health improvement plan designed to manage risks and prevent future health issues. Research on similar programs shows that people are more likely to see their health care provider if they have specific results they have been advised to address. Should the results require immediate action, our health professionals will work with the participant right at the screening to get appropriate medical follow-up in a timely manner.
Since Take Charge! began in January 2002, thousands of individuals have been screened. Isn’t it time to show your employees how much you care about their health and well-being?
Your company is planning to Take Charge of wellness, to set up an appointment date and time please click here.
If you don't see your company listed, Take Charge would be happy to send more information to you or your company. Just call (207) 661-7204 or email email@example.com.
Acknowledgement and appreciation go to St. Mary’s Regional Medical Center Take Charge! Community Health Risk Screening Program, Lewiston, Maine.